The Dali server is a network service for comparing protein structures in 3D. You submit the coordinates of a query protein structure and Dali compares them against those in the Protein Data Bank (PDB). In favourable cases, comparing 3D structures may reveal biologically interesting similarities that are not detectable by comparing sequences.
12 December 2018: Scheduled server downtime 8-12 GMT.
23 November - 31 December 2018: Principal investigators are invited to take part in Biocenter Finland's 3rd User Survey. Click yes to Bioinformatics (first row in Technology Platform Services), then find Holm group as last entry in Bioinformatics service units.
You can perform four types of structure comparisons:
- Heuristic PDB search - compares one query structure against those in the Protein Data Bank
- Exhaustive PDB25 search - compares one query structure against a representative subset of the Protein Data Bank
- Pairwise structure comparison - compares one query structure against those specified by the user
- All against all structure comparison - returns a structural similarity dendrogram for a set of structures specified by the user
- Liisa Holm; Laura M. Laakso (2016) Dali server update. Nucleic acids research 44 (W1), W351-W355. Abstract